This webinar explains the NIST/HIPAA RA-RM procedures in easy to follow steps and correct terms - Risk, Threat, Vulnerability, etc. You should attend this this webinar to learn why you must worry about not doing a HIPAA RA-RM properly.
Risk Analysis and Risk Management (RA-RM) are OCR’s top enforcement priority and the basis for every HIPAA Compliance program.
But HIPAA Rules don't explain how to do RA-RM - they just say it's required! OCR, in response to questions and criticism offers only brief guidance telling Covered Entities and Business Associates to follow RA-RM procedures created by the NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology). NIST RA-RM procedures are thorough although published in complex technical manuals.
This webinar explains the NIST/HIPAA RA-RM procedures in easy to follow steps and correct terms - Risk, Threat, Vulnerability, etc. It breaks 3 basic parts: Risk Analysis, Risk Management Actions and documented Risk Management Plan into simple steps demonstrated by screen shots of interactive forms guiding any user through a HIPAA compliant RA-RM whether they have a technical background or not.
This webinar turns HIPAA RA-RM mystery into mastery. You'll learn how to perform the steps and create the documentation you need to pass an OCR audit. Most important, however, you’ll see how to identify and manage Risks to the Privacy and Security of protected health information (PHI) maintained and transmitted in any form that seriously endanger your organization’s well-being.
You'll see HIPAA RA-RM is easy to do step-by-step- when you know the steps.
Why you should Attend:
Failure to do HIPAA RA-RM puts our organization in grave danger. This webinar will show you how to do a complete HIPAA RA-RM step-by-step and how easy it is to follow those steps when they are explained. You should attend this this webinar to learn why you must worry about not doing a HIPAA RA-RM properly - and how you can stop worrying by simply doing a HIPAA RA-RM as required every year.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- HIPAA RA-RM in 3 Acts
- Act 1 - Setup - Risk Analysis
Assemble Information - Identify, Document and Assess level of Risks
- Act 2 - Confrontation - Risk Management - Documented Actions to Manage Risks
- Act 3 - Resolution - Risk Management Program- Focused on your Organization's Risks - Documented and Active
- Realistic understanding of the danger senior management, owners and organizations face if they fail to do HIPAA RA-RM
- Clear, easy to understand explanation of HIPAA Risk Analysis and Risk Management following NIST procedures demonstrated onscreen by illustrations from interactive software based on NIST procedures interlinked with HIPAA standards, implementation specifications and compliance policies and procedures
- How administrative staff of Covered Entities and Business Associates of any size can complete a HIPAA RA-RM efficiently every year with step-by-step guidance even if they have never done one before
Who Will Benefit:
- Practice Managers - Covered Entities
- HIPAA Compliance Officials
- HIPAA Privacy Officers
- HIPAA Security Officers
- Patient Engagement Officials
- Health Information Technology Supervisors
- Risk Managers - Covered Entities
- Health Care Providers practicing as individuals or in small groups
- Group Health Plan Administrators
- Third Party Group Health Plan Administrators
- Covered Entity Senior Management and Owners
- Attorneys for Covered Entities - In-house and Outside Counsel
- Compliance Committee - Covered Entity Board of Trustees
- C-Suite Executives - all Covered Entities
- Chief Compliance Officer - all Covered Entities