Succession Planning for Fun and Profit
Too many organizations leave their future to chance. They mistakenly believe that if they pay attention to what is happening today, tomorrow will take care of itself. Unfortunately, this perfect situation rarely happens and companies find themselves scrambling to hire the critical people they need in a hurry. This kind of crisis response is inefficient and costly, and usually results in hiring less-than-ideal candidates.
The solution is to begin now planning for tomorrow, so that the right candidates are waiting in the wings-prepared and ready to step into the new positions, when they are needed. This workshop will give you a good overview to create and implement a successful Succession Plan that serves your organization now and will into the future.
Why Should You Attend: What happens if . . .one of your executives suddenly becomes ill or worse passes away? If you have not engaged in Succession Planning, you may find yourself with a threatening hole in your O-zone. Who will make those important decisions? Who will serve on your Leadership Team or lead that department or division of the organization? Who will be there to serve in that critical position or inspire the troop to higher performance?
Areas Covered in the Session:
Here is what you can expect in this fast-paced and highly interactive one hour
Who Will Benefit:
- Grasp the definition of Succession Planning
- Find out why it is vital to your company’s future success
- Understand the Big Picture, how the organization’s business strategy informs its Succession Planning process, and why having a Succession Plan is not optional
- See how each of the 10 elements of the Succession Planning process fits together to make it super effective
- Learn about the different kinds of assessments that are valuable in selecting high potentials to slot into future positions
- Explore the pitfalls you will need to avoid and how to insure that you will not be their victim
- Discover the critical role that Learning Agility plays in the process
- HR Generalist
- HR Director